Update: WikiLeaks Cables On Muslim Brotherhood
Wikileaks: Mubarak “hates Hamas, and considers them the same as Egypt’s own Muslim Brotherhood, which he sees as his own most dangerous political threat.”
Friday, December 10,2010 05:02 - IkhwanWeb
•• US ambassador Margaret Scobey apologizes to Egypt’s regime for whatever scandals WikiLeaks documents caused.
• WikiLeaks reveals cables disclosing the Undermining of Egypt as Mideast Mediator.
• WikiLeaks - Qatar’s Amir to John Kerry: The Egyptians’ goal is to stay in the game and maintain their relationship with the U.S. built around brokering regional peace, for as long as possible.
• WikiLeaks: Assad describes MB offshoot Hamas as uninvited guest that must be dealt with if there is to be peace in the Middle East.
• WikiLeaks: Mubarak “hates Hamas, and considers them the same as Egypt’s own Muslim Brotherhood, which he sees as his own most dangerous political threat.”
• WikiLeaks: “Egypt continues to cooperate with Israel, via intelligence sharing, to prevent militants from Hamas and extremist organizations from crossing the Gaza border, and thwarting militant activity in Egypt.
• US Ambassador Scobey to Egypt on WikiLeaks: 'We deeply regret the disclosure of information that was intended to be confidential. And we condemn it.'
• WikiLeaks reveals Qatar's Amir confirming to Senator Kerry that the whole world knows Egypt has a problem with the Muslim Brotherhood.
• WikiLeaks: Egypt is aiding Israel in isolating MB offshoot Hamas.
• WikiLeaks cables reveal Syria's Assad describing MB offshoot Hamas as unwelcome guest.
• WikiLeaks cables reveals US warned Egypt's regime of the potential dangers of recurrent MB arrests and the possible consequences of state repression
•• Emirates Sheik Mohamed Ben Zayed warned of freely run elections in countries with strongly organized Muslim Brotherhood.
• WikiLeaks scandals: March 29, Senator Walsh asks how serious of a threat the Muslim Brotherhood is and how the US could deal with countries supporting its offshoot Hamas.
• The President of Qatar Emir Hamad bin Jassim questions Mubarak on how to stop the escalation of the power of the Muslim Brotherhood, pointing out that the Egyptian government has already sentenced ten thousand members of the group without trial.
• WikiLeaks: US Embassy cable sent to the Secretary of State in February 2010 reveals Egypt’s gov’t skeptical of US role in democracy promotion, arguing any efforts to open up will result in empowering the Muslim Brotherhood.
• WikiLeaks reveals US cables admitting Mubarak seeing MB as biggest internal threat.
• WikiLeaks reveals Abu Dhabi crown prince telling the US that, were free elections held in Dubai, the Muslim Brotherhood would win.
• Leaked cables reveal if there was democracy in Egypt the Muslim Brotherhood would gain power threatening relationship between Egypt and the Israelis.
• WikiLeaks dispatch cites in 2008 Tunisian premier Ben Ali predicting sooner or later the Muslim Brotherhood would take over.
• WikiLeaks cable: President of Tunisia predicted takeover of Egypt by Muslim Brotherhood.
• US embassy cables: Egypt spy chief promises pressure on Hamas MB offshoot in Palestine.
• US ambassador tells Hillary Clinton that president will win rigged election next year, his 30th in power.
• WikiLeaks cables cast Hosni Mubarak as Egypt's ruler for life.
• WikiLeaks reveals Mubarak hates MB believing they challenge his power and question his views of Egypt's interests.